Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ian McAllister has honoured the Coastal Wolves and the Great Bear Rainforest of British Columbia with his years of research, his books, and his amazing photography.  Supreme patience and devotion to the animals of the rainforest, threatened by development, tanker traffic, and logging.

These books are a treasure.

My articles on animal conservation and eco-tourism in B.C. can be found at http://www.suite101.com/ .  Links to research and web sites of interest are included for Pacific Coastal wolves and Mexican wolves, the most endangered of the Grey Wolves.

I took this photo early on a summer morning, summer of 2010, low tide on Maurelle Is., one of the Discovery Islands in British Columbia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my howl...

I'm so glad you dropped by... this blog is my way of spreading information about issues that I am most concerned about, through recommending books, blogs, or other publications.

I write for
Suite101 and I invite you to have a look at my articles, a variety of topics including animal conservation, current affairs, and travel.

I live on the left coast of Canada, proudly left of center and pleased to speak for the oppressed or those who do not possess their freedom, human or otherwise. I welcome thoughtful comments, reject abuse or raging rants.