Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bute Inlet threatened!

Bute Inlet is a spectacular and relatively unspoiled part of the British Columbia coast.  Recent applications to for hydro generating and water-bottling projects could destroy the pristine nature of the area.  Environmentalists have been concerned in Canada for a long time about the lack of regulations around selling our water, and activists are pressuring for more protection for this intact watershed.  Check out the information on the Friends of Bute Inlet web site and lend them your voice!

The following photo is taken from Hoskyn Channel near the community of Surge Narrows, looking northeast toward Bute and Toba Inlet - this link takes you to my new article about "The Bute" .  This mountain peak is locally known as The Cowboy Hat or Mt. Doogie Dowler.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my howl...

I'm so glad you dropped by... this blog is my way of spreading information about issues that I am most concerned about, through recommending books, blogs, or other publications.

I write for
Suite101 and I invite you to have a look at my articles, a variety of topics including animal conservation, current affairs, and travel.

I live on the left coast of Canada, proudly left of center and pleased to speak for the oppressed or those who do not possess their freedom, human or otherwise. I welcome thoughtful comments, reject abuse or raging rants.